Windows 7 Ultimate USB Drive Edition x86 v4.B | 2.35 GB
This installs Windows 7 x86 to a USB key (8Gb or better) or to an External Hard Drive. This means you can carry about a FULL BLOWN Windows 7 on a USB key | Drive.
You don't need to be a Genius to get this to work :)
I've used this myself and had 100% success with about 20 builds with the previous versions and this version (testing).How to Use :
Check you have a USB HD or key 8Gb or above with 15Mb minimum transfer speed
Run Install.bat Installation
Install Windows 7 Ultimate to your USB stick or drive, take it with you - and run from any computer (even Macs). Bring your entire operating system, desktop, programs, games, files, personal settings, and much more with you - everywhere! You can now carry your personal operating system in a pocket!
This is a BETA version of Windows 7 USB Edition v4 - it is fully functional but not tweaked in any way. It may be slow and unreliable. A lot of features from previous versions including the cloning utility is missing from this beta ( and will be added later).New features include:
- You can now install from a DVD (even without Windows!) as well!
- You can install to an internal hard drive as well!Requirements:
-at least 8GB high speed (15+ MB/s) USB drive or stick
-.Net Framework 2 - http://ub3r.1337.cx/net
[Tested on Windows 7/XP/Vista/2008 R2/2003] - Can be installed from Mac, too - read the included guide!Installation guide:
-||-In order to install to an external USB/eSata drive or stick:
1.a) Right click installer.bat and choose 'run as administrator'. Follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows 7 USB Edition.
2.a) Insert the USB drive into (any) computer [without any hubs!], (re)start it and press F8, F9, F11, F12, option or another key depending on your hardware. A menu should appear, choose your USB drive from it. You can also change the
boot device order in the bios[press ctrl + s, F2, F10 etc.]. Read the motherboard manual or google it. (This method works on computers that can boot from USB.)
2.b) Burn the bootloader to an empty CD [run "burn bootloader.bat"], insert the CD and the USB drive to (any) computer, (re)start it and choose "USB" from the menu. (This method will work on almost any computer.)
2.c) Install the included rEFIt bootloader on your Mac, insert the drive and reboot.
-||-In order to install to an internal drive (and use Windows 7 USB Edition as your primary OS!):
1.b) Run 'burn the installer' and burn the installer (or burn '7_USB_Edition_x86_v4-Bootable_Installer.iso' to a DVD/Blu-ray with your favorite iso burning software)
2.d) Start your computer from the burned DVD/Blu-ray and install Windows 7 USB Edition!
3) Wait for the installation to finish - this will take long time if your USB drive isn't very fast. Instructions for MAC OS
1) Launch Disk Utility (Applications > Utilities).
2) Insert your blank DVD or BD.
2) Drag and drop 7_USB_Edition_..._Bootable_installer.iso file to the left pane in Disk Utility. Now both the blank disk and the .iso should be listed.
3) Select the 7_USB_Edition_..._Bootable_installer.iso, and click on the Burn button. A dialog box confirming the destination (your blank CD/DVD) will appear.
4) Install the included rEFIt
5) Reboot your Mac!
6) Insert the burned DVD/BD, reboot your Mac and immediately press c to start from the DVD/BD
7) Install Windows 7 USB Drive Edition and enjoy it!
8) If your drive is not recognized etc. install it from Windows instead. It is really easier than installing lots of drivers manually - and then start it on your Mac!