If you boot with this DVD and start one of the setup routines, this will clean install a corporate edition of Windows XP Pro SP3 updated to the month of release. The aim is for you to be able to stick this DVD in, quickly get setup running, and then when setup finally stops, your computer is ready to use. There are no steps in between, you don't need to do a thing, you get a fully unattended installation of everything. This means all your device drivers installed and no critical updates need installing. You just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Actually, there are some options you can select, in particular, the Driver Packs Selector is something you'll want to look out for as the operating system is installed because you can choose extra driver packs that aren't selected by default and you can also un-select some to save some time for the install. You can also set the type of screen resolution you have - standard or widescreen - this will make the end result a lot more satisfying to gaze upon.
4 different flavours of Windows XP Professional SP3 to choose from:
- to use the driverpacks
- to install the OS without any tweaks or addons
- to install either the standard tweaked OS or the WinBorg one.
- Hard Drive Mechanic Gold Edition -- an excellent disk & file system repair tool
- HDD Regenerator 1.61 -- can restore bad disk sectors to working order
- Hiren's Boot CD 10.5 -- many many tools that can test your hardware before install
- Partition Wizard 4.2 -- perform all sorts of operations on your disk partitions
- MemTest 86+ 3.4 -- easy access to this useful program
- HDClone Pro 3.2 -- clone entire disks or partitions from one to another.
- SpinRite 6 -- verifies & tests the physical magnetic media of a hard drive
- Acronis True Image -- hard disk drive copy, cloning, disk imaging, and disaster recovery software
There are 4 OS options to choose from when you want to install the OS:
option 1 - Windows XP Professional SP3 with updated OS components only
option 2 - Windows XP Professional SP3 with minimal tweaks and add-ons
option 3 - Windows XP Professional SP3 with essential tweaks and add-ons
option 4 - WinBorg XP Professional SP3 with recommended tweaks and add-ons
** June 2010 Rev 2
- Just after i released the June 2010 edition of Winborg, lots of new apps and hotfixes were released, also new driverpacks. The 'Revision 2' edition is simply an updated version of the original June 2010 release.
** June 2010
- added a 4th OS option - the 1st OS option is now completely tweak free, only updates are added. All other OS options moved down an option.
- lots of updates to background images
- removed Microsoft Office completely, OpenOffice replaced it.
- many minor cosmetic changes to setup scripts.
In action Screenshot