Harlan Carvey, "Windows Forensics and Incident Recovery"
Addison-Wesley Professional | 2004 | ISBN: 0321200985 | 480 pages | CHM | 7,2 MB
If you're responsible for protecting Windows systems, firewalls and anti-virus aren't enough. You also need to master incident response, recovery, and auditing. Leading Windows security expert and instructor Harlan Carvey offers a start-to-finish guide to the subject: everything administrators must know to recognize and respond to virtually any attack.
Drawing on his widely acclaimed course, Carvey uses real-world examples to cover every significant incident response, recovery, and forensics technique. He delivers a complete incident response toolset that combines today's best open source and freeware tools, his own exclusive software and scripts, and step-by-step instructions for using them. This book's tools and techniques apply to every current and professional version of Windows: NT, 2000, XP, and Windows Server 2003. Coverage includes:
* Developing a practical methodology for responding to potential attacks
* Preparing your systems to prevent and detect incidents
* Recognizing the signatures of an attack in time to act
* Uncovering attacks that evade detection by Event Viewer, Task Manager, and other Windows GUI tools
* Using the Forensic Server Project to automate data collection during live investigations
* Analyzing live forensics data in order to determine what occurred
Download from Hotfile