Unlocking Mathematics Teaching
pdf | ISBN-10: 0415579295 | 4.28 MBGenre: Educational
Now in a fully updated second edition, Unlocking Mathematics Teaching is a comprehensive guide to teaching mathematics in the primary school. Combining theory and practice, selected experts outline the current context of mathematics education. They suggest strategies, activities and examples to help develop readers understanding and confidence in delivering the curriculum. The book combines an accessible blend of subject knowledge and pedagogy, and its key features include:
* Advice on teaching mathematics to high and low attainers;
* Guidance on teaching mental maths;
* Ideas for incorporating ICT;
* Guidance on assessment in mathematics education;
* Teaching problem solving;
* Numerical and non-numerical examples;
* Updated references, taking into account the Williams Report.
This book will be of interest to all primary education students and practising teachers looking to increase their confidence and effectiveness in delivering the mathematics curriculum.